Monday 2 April 2012

Racing as a team, lush weather and ‘oh look croutons’!

As Dad and I arrived at Salt Ayre on Saturday the weather was lush! All the way there I had been watching the temperature gage in the van. By the time we had reached Salt Ayre, it was a very warm 15 degrees, perfect temperature to start my tan!

Me & Mel after the race
After signing on and getting myself sorted, the whole team warmed up together, and the weather just kept getting hotter and hotter, perfect for a race. So we discussed team tactics, aims and objectives with team manager Ian and then we were ready to go!

Get ready, get set, go! Throughout the race I felt comfortable and confident. Really enjoying the race, and of course the sun! We all worked together as a unit and dominated the race, and in the last five laps we managed to form a little lead out train. Mel went on to win the race and I came 8th, which I was really happy about!

On the Sunday we went on a team training ride, setting off from Eve’s house. Again the weather was great, tanning weather! There were a couple of hills in the ride, which aren’t my favourite, but I’m working on getting better, so Hayley and I encouraged each other to the top of them. When we eventually got to the cafe, which was small but cute, I thought it would be a good idea to eat my marzipan (which is meant to be good for you!) but it had melted! 

After making the hard decision of what to have to eat, I picked crumpets, which is small compared to my average cafe stop meal, we settled down and were sat chatting. Then I really embarrassed myself. Someone had asked for a little jar which was in front of me, so I opened it and said ‘oh look croutons’ but my team mates then corrected me and told me they were actually sugar cubes. Everyone was in hysterics, and tweeted straight away. I don’t think I will ever live that one down!

Overall the weekend was really good and for once the weather was on our side, which made it even better! Thanks girls and well done to you all! Looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment