Thursday 5 January 2012

Grass track cycling, sprinting and intro to road racing!

I started cycling in spring 2009, after watching my Dad doing time trials; I decided that I wanted to give cycling a go on a grass track training session one Monday night, just to try it out. This was the first time that I had ridden a racing bike, never mind a fixed wheel. But I loved it....

I have thoroughly enjoyed riding with Border City Wheelers, but I am really looking forward to riding for Maxgear as part of a team this year and the challenges that await me.

As I have always been a short distance rider and mostly a sprinter, grass track is particularly good fun with the 'hoop game' amongst others! I am looking forward to getting involved in the women’s road races. This year I am looking forward to stepping up with longer races with a wider range of women cyclists.

Over this last year I have been working on my training, long club runs, rollers, and sprinting on the road. I have also recently joined my university gym, just need to find the time to fit it in now!

I am really looking forward to the launch on the 21st of January; I am excited about seeing everybody and the experience of the whole weekend. The hotel looks lush!
Lauren :)

No comments:

Post a Comment